Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Stopping Traffic From Above

As I said in my first post, I rely heavily on the experiences of others.  This is an experience a friend of mine had recently that I want to share:  

"So grateful for the Still Small Voice that said, 'Slow down a little, a child may run into the street.'  Just before a child ran into the road right in front of my car.  I was able to stop within an inch of him.  I'm so thankful that God is always watching out for us.  That He know when we're about to run out in the road and even when He can't stop us He still tries to stop traffic.  Pondering on this, I had been wishing I could go back and tell that young man how much God loves him but I realized something.  Something that I realized yesterday but it made a connection today.  The moment my car finally came to a stop and I could see the HUGE eyes on the little face in front of me I heard the most amazing words: I'm sorry Ma'am! - He apologized to me.  He then ran to the far side of the road and after seeing me still sitting there called out another sincere apology.  This young man already knew how much God loves him.  If not in his mind, then at least in his heart and especially at that very second; and in that moment he felt badly for scaring ME.  Can you imagine the world we live in if everyone not only KNEW how much God loves them but recognized it with their souls and always had their spiritual ears open to the promptings of the holy spirit??! That's what God wants for His children. So thankful for the moments (even the scary ones) when God takes my testimony (that I thought was already huge) and builds it to new heights."

                                                                                                      - Christy S.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment