Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Food For Thought

Most people are good nature'd. They want to help others in need. They see an ill friend and want to bring a meal, or send a note, ect...Although I think there's a fear behind helping the mentally ill as opposed to the physically ill. Is it fear? Or something else? I used to see friends flock to others that are physically ill and thought, "It seems you have to be dying on the outside for loving hands to extend. What if you're dying on the inside?"  I'm sure I'm guilty of this myself. Maybe it's just easier to see physical illness. Or it's easier to know what to do. I'm not sure the answer, but I do know there is so much more good that can be done in the world if that separation was taken away. This is a great article...

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/family/2013/11/families_dealing_with_mental_illness_need_support_too.html

Definitely food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment